IF YOU ARE STAYING IN THE BIG SKY AREA, WE MEET AT THE RAINBOW RANCH LODGE ON US HWY 191, just a few minutes south of the BIG SKY turn off. BREAKFAST OR HORS D'OEUVRES, SEASONAL DRINKS AND A RIDE TO THE TRAILHEAD FROM THE RAINBOW RANCH LODGE ARE INCLUDED IN THE 1/2 DAY TRIP
IF YOU ARE TRAVELING IN YOUR OWN TRANSPORTATION FROM WEST YELLOWSTONE: PLEASE MEET US NEAR THE TRAILHEAD- SEE BELOW
Our dog sled tours take place in a remote location between Big Sky, Montana and West Yellowstone, Montana
- We do our tours on a private ranch, off the Taylor Fork Rd, (Gallatin Gateway, Montana).
- Our meeting location is a small gravel parking lot, off of US HWY 191....just three miles, northwest of Yellowstone National Park on Route 191, at the confluence of the Taylor’s Fork and Gallatin Rivers. Turn west off the highway on to the Taylor Fork Rd. (between Highway mile markers 33 & 34
- Look for a sign for an emergency roadside telephone, and look for a Yellow and Black sign that says DOG SLED TRIPS- MEET HERE...wait there, we will meet there and caravan or carpool to the trailhead depending on your vehicle (4wd or All-wheel drive recommended)
- Nearby businesses are the Covered Wagon Ranch (a few hundred yards away to the North), The Cinnamon Lodge (3 miles away- to the North)
- Nearby cities are West Yellowstone, about 30 miles south; Big Sky, Montana, about 13 miles north; and Bozeman, Montana, about 50 miles northeast.
- West side of Road, Between mile markers 33 & 34 on US Hwy 191
- GPS Coordinates- 45.066839° -111.211512°